Managing my credit
Keeping on top of your money isn’t always easy. Here are some helpful tips and resources for managing your repayments.
Talk to your lenders
Whatever you do, don’t leave your creditors in the dark. If you have concerns over your ability to make your repayments, tell them. They may be able to help.
If you’re concerned about your besavvi loan repayments, please call us on 0344 375 5500.
Update your budget
If you don’t already have a budget planner set up, or haven’t updated it recently, set aside an hour to go through it. Keeping your budget up-to-date will help you see exactly what you have coming in and going out each month.
Set a deadline
Once you’ve worked out your incomings and outgoings, set yourself a realistic deadline for having everything repaid. Having that end date in sight can keep you focused and motivated.
The aim is to pay off what you owe in the quickest time possible. The best way to do this is to pay off the debts with the highest rate of interest first. Just make sure you won’t be charged any additional fees for paying back early.
Consolidate what you owe
If you have numerous repayments every month, it can be hard to keep track of everything, so it might be worth considering consolidating those into one easy to manage monthly repayment.
Talking to an expert can really help you get your head around your money and make a plan for the future. Here are some independent advisers you might find useful.
• Citizens Advice Scotland - www.cas.org.uk
• Citizens Advice England and Wales - www.citizensadvice.org.uk
• Advice UK - Tel 0207 469 5700, or visit www.adviceuk.org.uk
• National Debtline - Tel 0808 808 4000 or visit www.nationaldebtline.co.uk
• Debt Advice Foundation - Tel 0800 043 40 50 or visit www.debtadvicefoundation.org
• StepChange Debt Charity - Tel 0800 138 1111 or visit www.stepchange.org
• Money Advice Service - Tel 0800 138 7777 or visit www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk